Local Initiative 2014
Applications with example description should be provided to DPI office from July 5 to August 5, 2014.
The contest "Local Initiative" aims to:
- encourage greater public participation in community life and decision-making at the local level;
- identify the most successful examples for the implementation of local initiatives in addressing issues of local significance to promote and disseminate information about them;
- promote the usage of best practices and new ways to solve local issues in partnership with local communities by local self-governments in Kyrgyzstan.
Competition procedure: community leaders, Initiative groups, NGOs, local self-governments, municipal agencies and organizations jointly or separately submit to the Development Policy Institute description particularly effective, efficient experience or activities, conducted or embedded in their village on their joint initiative and aimed at resolving issues at local level. The event should be described in detail in accordance with the application form.
Local initiative - is a description of local affairs, including, but not limited to the following questions:
- pure water, sewage and wastewater treatment plants;
- municipal roads in the villages;
- street lighting;
- improvement of streets, parks, sports centres, recreation, cemeteries;
- collection, transport and disposal of household waste (garbage);
- public transportation (within the villages);
- protection of cultural and historical attractions;
- local libraries;
- leisure; activities for children and youth;
- development of physical culture and sports;
- assist in the prevention and emergency situations;
- access to information held by LSG.
The number of examples describing local initiatives by each applicant is not limited, but each case should concern only one problem. The description should be limited by 1500 words. Photos will enhance the value of the presentation.
Applications with example or examples should be provided to the office of the Development Policy Institute from July 5 to August 5, 2014.
Dissemination of experience of local initiative: The project intends to publish the submitted examples of local initiatives in its' publications. We reserve the right to edit submitted texts due to the limited space in publications.
The total prize fund - 650 000 soms.
The booklet was developed within the framework of the Project “Voice of Citizens and Accountability of Local Government: Budgetary Process”, funded by the Swiss Government through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the Development Policy Institute.
- Strategic and program documents
- Constitution and codes
- Decrees of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Central Election Commission for Elections and Referendums of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Charter community, regulation of the village council