Since the Inception phase VAP has advocated for political, administrative and fiscal decentralization. To ensure Kyrgyzstan follows LSG decentralization oriented National policy VAP delivered a great output in terms of the number of proposals for amendments to different forms of legislation, legal acts and programs; as well as lobbying interventions.
Among those of the greatest significance were:
- Amendments to the Law on LSG (regarding the list of local significance affairs)
- Comments/proposals to the draft Strategy on Sustainable Development 2013 - 2017
- LSG Development Program in the Kyrgyz Republic for 2013-2017
- Proposals to the draft Action Plan to the LSG development in the KR for 2013 -2017
- Amendments to the Tax Code (transfer of tax administration to the LSG bodies)
- Amendments to the Government Resolution and Draft Program on Payment of state and municipal servants (2013-2020)
- Development of new version of Concept on Administrative-Territorial Reform (
- Draft Charter of local community (available in Russian and Kyrgyz languages)
- Draft Procedures for local council (available in Russian and Kyrgyz languages)
The booklet was developed within the framework of the Project “Voice of Citizens and Accountability of Local Government: Budgetary Process”, funded by the Swiss Government through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the Development Policy Institute.