Switzerland assists Kyrgyzstan in obtaining the status of "Partner for Local Democracy" of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe
The Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe is a body of the Council of Europe dedicated to supporting the development of local authorities.
The delegation of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 8-10, 2022 in Strasbourg (France) is discussing with the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe (CLRACE) the issue  of the possibility of obtaining the status of “Partner for Local Democracy” by the Kyrgyz Republic.
During the study tour, the parties discuss issues of cooperation between the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe and the Kyrgyz Republic. In particular, support for the development of local self-government and effective regional structures; the establishment of interregional cooperation, especially in border areas, the implementation of the constitutional right of citizens to participate in local self-government.
The visit was organized with the support of the Project "Voice of Citizens and Accountability of LSG Bodies: Budget Process", funded by the Government of Switzerland and implemented by the Development Policy Institute (Voice and Accountability Project).
The delegation of the Kyrgyz Republic included:
- Dzhantaev Elchibek, Director of the State Agency on State Service and Local Self-Government (SASSLSG); jointly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic will represent the position of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic on this issue;
- Kongantiev Kuvanychbek, chairman of the Bishkek city kenesh;
- Ormonova Avazkan, chairman of the local kenesh of Joosh aiyl aimak of Kara-Suu district of Osh oblast;
- Orozbaev Bekturgan, Director of the Union of LSG of the Kyrgyz Republic; the organization will work to obtain the status of the Kyrgyz Republic "Partner for local democracy";
- Gradwal Sabina, Member of the Board of the Development Policy Institute;
- Bekiev Bekbolot, Team Leader of "Voice and Accountability" Project.
 The Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe is a body of the Council of Europe dedicated to supporting the development of local authorities..
 Secretary General of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe Andreas KIFER took part in the international conference "The best conditions of life as a result of joint work of local self-government and citizens", held in Bishkek, March 3, 2022 within the framework of the Voice and Accountability Project. Link to record live broadcast: https://fb.watch/dyPJnqWfEp/
The path to a productive partnership: evolution of relations between citizens and local self-government in KyrgyzstanResults of a study of the level of trust of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic in local governments, satisfaction with local services and conditions for the participation of citizens in the decision-making process.
- Strategic and program documents
- Constitution and codes
- Decrees of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Central Election Commission for Elections and Referendums of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Charter community, regulation of the village council