Cleanliness is next to godliness
The project with the name "Cleanliness is the next to godliness" has won during the voting.
At Sumsar ayil aimak of Chatkal district in Jalal-Abad region a village meeting was held to determine the priority project. The event was attended by 130 participants, among them: 80 women, 9 deputies of local councils and 12 specialists of ayil okmotu.
Previously, the most priority problems of local communities were identified during the PRA in autumn of 2012. Based on these problems local residents had submitted three projects, which address issues such as waste removal, installation of street lighting and road maintenance.
At the end of the presentations 111 participants were able to vote for any of those projects. After the poll, the votes were distributed as follows:
1. "Cleanliness is next to godliness" – the project to create the conditions for the removal of garbage collected 89 votes.
2. "Lighting ray" – installation of street lights collected 15 votes.
3. "The roads - the future of the state" – the repairing internal roads within the villages collected 7 votes.
The booklet was developed within the framework of the Project “Voice of Citizens and Accountability of Local Government: Budgetary Process”, funded by the Swiss Government through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the Development Policy Institute.
- Strategic and program documents
- Constitution and codes
- Decrees of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Central Election Commission for Elections and Referendums of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Charter community, regulation of the village council