During the period from 2012-2014 the Voice and Accountability Project funded 58 projects worth over 58 million Soms
This was stated by Deputy Project Manager Sabina Gradwal.
During the period from 2012-2014, including the introduction and the first phase 58 projects in the Jalal-Abad, Issyk-Kul and Chui oblasts were supported by the Voice and Accountability Project (VAP). The total amount of grants awarded was more than 58 million Soms (58 278 400). It was stated by Sabina Gradwal, deputy head of the VA Project, funded by the Swiss Government in partnership with the British Department for International Development.
Within the VAP there is a Small Grants Programme, which aims to:
- promote a partnership between the local community and local authorities to jointly identify and address priority issues related to local issues;
- assist local self-governments in strengthening the skills of planning, allocation and efficient financial management, in particular, capital investments;
- assisting local communities in monitoring the use of financial (budgetary and extrabudgetary) funds by the local authorities;
- addressing priority issues (physical infrastructure improvements), relating to issues of local importance.
"Funds of Small Grants Programme of the VAP are used to finance projects aimed at addressing local issues and improve the living conditions of the local community - says the deputy head of the project. - Project ideas must comply with the priorities defined with the participation of the population through questionnaires, focus groups and events joint study of the needs of the village (PRA-sessions)".
Results of the study about the level of the Kyrgyz Republic citizens’ trust in local self-government bodies, satisfaction with the quality of local services, and conditions for citizens' participation in the decision-making
- Strategic and program documents
- Constitution and codes
- Decrees of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Resolution of the Central Election Commission for Elections and Referendums of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Charter community, regulation of the village council